National Commencement is almost here. This Saturday, October 28, Union Institute & University will graduate 75 students from 23 states and two countries, ranging in age from their 20s to their 70s. They will join the UI&U elite legacy of alumni who are transforming lives and communities and making a difference in all of their endeavors.
- Final commencement address by Dr. Roger H. Sublett, president of Union Institute & University, who retires at the end of June 2018.
- Keynote by The Most Honorable Portia Lucretia Simpson Miller, former two-term prime minister of Jamaica, a 1997 Union Institute & University alumna and the recipient of the university’s highest honor, the Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters in 2001
- The remembrance of the late Dr. Brian Webb with the new Brian Webb Award for Outstanding Master of Arts Thesis
- The first TLC – or “tender loving care” award to Mrs. Mary Jestina Taylor, mother of Glenda Taylor, Ph.D. commencer, who is sight impaired, for her unwavering support to her daughter
- Faculty Awards initiated by the Faculty Council
- Marvin B. Sussman Award for excellence in dissertation
- Moment of silence in remembrance of Dr. James Henderson, beloved faculty member who passed away this past February
- And, much more!
The 2017 National Commencement is Saturday, October 28 at the Hilton Netherland Plaza in downtown Cincinnati. The ceremony begins at 11 a.m.